SCOPE AND PURPOSE
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The following types of information may be collected on the Website:
- We may collect information you provide us if you access, sign up for or request certain services from us on our Website. If you are interested in learning more about Consumer Direct Care Network and the services and products we offer, or interested in joining our Peer Network we may ask for personal information, such as your name, caregiver status, email address, telephone number, and city/state. If you have an account with us, we may also collect your username or other information (e.g., Practice ID) you use to log into or access your account.
- We may collect your IP address, browser type and version, and other data about the equipment used to visit the Website, the patterns of searching and browsing that preceded access to the Website, and the patterns of searching and browsing on the Website.
The Website does not respond to web browsers’ Do Not Track signals.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use information collected through tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons to improve the functionality of the Website. For example:
- We track the number of visitors using certain portions or features of the Website to make changes that may be necessary to improve the Website’s functionality;
- We track the popularity of features on the Website to guide the development of new ones;
- We identify the types of devices our visitors use so that we can improve and optimize our systems; and
- We assess the ways in which users become aware of or access the Website in order to gauge the quality and methods of our advertising.
If you choose to provide Consumer Direct Care Network with Personally identifiable information (PII), we will use that information for purposes explained at the time of collection; as described in this Policy and our Terms; and for our business purposes. For example:
If you provide us with your email address, we may use it for our own marketing, promotional, and informational purposes, including solicitations, invitations, newsletters, awareness campaigns, and announcements, and may share it with partners and affiliates for their marketing purposes, but we will not share your email address with unaffiliated third parties.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We engage certain service providers for purposes of tracking and associating internet search and browsing behavior with our advertisements and to provide functionality on the Website. We enable them to use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, on or in conjunction with the Website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to other websites, together with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online and offline sources, to provide ads about goods and services of interest to you. The use and collection of information by these service providers is governed by their respective privacy statements and thus is not covered by this Policy. In addition, we may share Website usage information with these service providers to manage and target ads and for market research purposes. Finally, information obtained through these processes may be combined with personally identifiable information in order to analyze our marketing efforts.
We will only share Personally Identifiable Information with third party vendors, consultants, agents, partners, and other service providers with whom we contract to help us provide or improve our services.
Please note that Consumer Direct Care Network will only share your information in accordance with this Policy, except in the following situations:
- You have given us your consent to share or use information about you;
- We believe that we need to share information about you to provide a service that you have requested from us or from others;
- We are required by law to disclose information; or
- We believe that it is necessary to protect our rights or to avoid liability or violations of the law.
We reserve the right to make periodic updates and revisions to the Policy. Any changes will be posted on this page. Please check this page to review whether any changes have been made to the Policy
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
This Website is not intended for minors under the age of eighteen, and Consumer Direct Care Network does not wish to obtain any information from or about them through this website. If you are under eighteen years old, do not use this Website. Our Website includes social media features, such as “sharing” functions on Facebook and LinkedIn. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing these features, and we do not control and are not responsible for the privacy practices of, or the data available on, the websites of third parties.
- TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES: Tracking technologies include technologies such as “cookies” and “web beacons,” which are used to analyze trends, administer the Website, and help us provide you with a more personalized experience and improve our services.Cookies are small amounts of text files that are sent from a website to your computer’s browser when you visit the site. These cookies are then stored in files within your computer’s browser. Websites can access only the cookies that they have stored on your computer. For every future time you access a website, your browser sends the cookie back to the server, which notifies the website of the user’s previous activities on the website. Thus, cookies serve several useful purposes, like letting you navigate between pages more efficiently, saving your preferences, and enhancing your user experience with the website. If you do not wish to have cookies stored on your machine, you can disable cookies in your browser. You will still have access to all information and resources on CDCN websites. However, turning off cookies may affect the functioning of some CDCN websites. Be aware that disabling cookies in your browser will affect cookie usage at all other websites you visit as well.Web beacons (also called transparent GIFs, web bugs, pixels, or action tags) are strings of code that deliver a tiny graphic image on a web page or in an email which is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page on which the web beacon is placed. In general, any file served as part of a web page can act as a web beacon.
- INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) ADDRESS: A numerical label separated by periods that identifies every device (e.g., computer, printer) that participates in a network. IP addresses allow these devices to communicate with one another and transmit relevant information.
- PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII): For purposes of this Policy, PII includes: first and last name; physical mailing address including street name and city/town; email; and telephone number.
CDCN takes the security of all PII very seriously. We take precautions to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information we collect on our sites. Such measures include access to controls designed to limit access to information to the extent necessary to accomplish our mission. We also employ various security technologies to protect the information stored on our systems. We routinely test our security measures to ensure that they remain operational and effective.
If you are on one of the CDCN portals, we take the following additional steps to secure the information we collect:
- Employ internal access controls to ensure that only personnel who have access to your information are those with a need to do so to perform their official duties.
- Train appropriate personnel on our privacy and security policies and compliance requirements.
- Secure the areas where we retain paper copies of the information we collect online.
- Perform regular backups of the information we collect online to ensure against loss.
- Use technical controls to secure the information we collect online including, but not limited to:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL);
- Firewalls; and
- Password protections.
- Periodically test our security procedures to ensure personnel and technical compliance.
- Employ external access safeguards to identify and prevent unauthorized access by outsiders that attempt to ‘hack’ into, or cause harm to, the information contained in our systems.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at: Consumer Direct Care Network, Attn: Compliance Director, 100 Consumer Direct Way Missoula, Montana 59808.